Thursday, August 26, 2010

Into Temptation Knowing Full Well The Earth Will Rebel...

So far one of the hardest aspects of this diet has been social, and mostly around our friends temping us with yummy things.

Wednesday Night Dinner last week was our first test, and with another tonight I'm sure we'll be tempted again. We also spent Friday night with friends in Daylesford celebrating a birthday. The birthday girl had requested snacky foods (thinking that we could snack and play board games). Her mother, who never does food by halves, had cooked up an incredible storm, and there were about 20 different amazing-looking (and smelling!) dishes crowding the table. With such a smorgasbord of dishes, it was really hard to resist. D asked at one point if we could chew stuff up and then spit it out. I said No, and then I said it was up to him. In the end he didn't.

We had a federal election on Saturday. Being politically aware, Saturday night was a bit of a nail-biter for me. Fortunately I had a few lovely friends to share it with. They, however, were all merrily drinking red wine, and I wasn't. It was (still is - counting ongoing, Parliament hung) a very close election and having something to calm my nerves would definitely have been a good thing!

D also went to a concert on Thursday night with the boys. I imagine he found it quite difficult being on the water while the others happily downed the beers (and offered them to him too). My housemate G was very impressed with his willpower, but couldn't help taking the piss by adding: "Oh, but there was that kebab he ate on the way home."

I know my friends have their hearts in the right place. They're just trying to share their yummy food experiences with us. Thanks guys, but it'll be a good few weeks before we'll be able to succumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment