Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 23 - Naughty Children

D and I, that is.

So I've been on the chicken for 2 days. No issues, yay. D is all good with chicken and broccoli (he moved on while I was still moaning about garlic). So today (day 24) was supposed to be oats day. D bought some oats and some oat bran yesterday in preparation, and last night we made muffins from a modified recipe on the bran packet. No recipe to give you just yet as I wasn't looking too closely as D whipped it up. We put them on to bake, thinking we'd have them for breaky this morning.

Oh no, it wasn't to be. We couldn't resist the look and smell of them when they came out of the oven, and like naughty children we gobbled them all up, as fast as you can say "We've eaten a fair bit of chicken for 2 days, I think we're fine to move on to another food a bit early". Yeah, I know that's a longish sentence, but we did eat 3 muffins each in that time! We ate them so fast there are also no photos. We're making some more tonight, so I'll take some photos then. :) Then I got worried. I got worried because when I ate a lot of garlic (and then, even when I ate a little garlic), I got soo sick and felt horrible for days. And in my haste to devour muffins I forgot this for a second, but then I remembered and was worried that I might get really sick again. Anyway, we went off to the Melbourne Ukulele Collective open mike night and I tried not to worry.

When I woke up this morning without any signs of tummy ache I felt like waking D and squeaking at him with joy and elation, and waving my arms about a bit (nothing so drastic as actually getting out of bed to do a dance). But he was sleeping so I didn't. When he woke up he said "No tummy ache!", haha, great minds, and then I got to have my celebration. Oats for breaky this morning,, so we'll see how that goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment